Mr. Shikomba met up with us to share his experience with Scrum Framework and this is the blog post about that meeting!
First, be sure to join the Coding 4 Jobs community so you do not miss out!
Mr. Mateus Tangeni Shikomba was born and bred in the Oshikoto Region.
He obtained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science at the University of Namibia.
After an internship at Lex Technologies, Windhoek, he continued to work there as a Junior Software Engineer for a few years.
He left the company to start his own called Mega Pixel Software, before enrolling in the Master of Science in Computer Science program at Eastern Michigan University in the US.
What is Scrum?
“Scrum is a framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.” by Scrum.org.
Learn about the differences between Scrum and Agile, here is a great explanation by CR-T.com
Mr. Shikomba explained how his team implements Scrum Framework for their Project Management process:
- Weekly releases.
- Prior to the releases, there are code reviews for any new features.
- Testing: Functional tests and Unit tests.
- Weekly Mentorship – speaking with an assigned colleague about anything once a week.
Agile Scrum Approach:
- There is a Scrum Master who oversees all activities and tasks.
- Grooming Meetings – looking at tickets to see where to improve or changes are required.
- Regular Daily Stand-up Meetings for 15 min or less where issues may be addressed.
- Sprint Planning – includes planning for the next two weeks.
Modern Software tools:
Mr. Shikomba generously shared his time, knowledge, and experience with us. This blog post is a summarized version of what was shared for further details you may listen to the youtube video: Meeting with Mr. Mateus Tangeni Shikomba.
Be sure to join the CODING 4 JOBS community so you do not miss out